Of all the sweet treats I’ve been making in the past years, these scrumptious peanut butter cookies are probably the easiest to make. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients together – in no particular order – and then use your hands to shape the cookies. This is a super fun recipe especially for kids, as it’s so simple and delicious! For me, cooking is always relaxing, but shaping cookies with my hands is particularly therapeutic. If we’re talking therapy – wine is probably the best, but let’s stick to cookies for now. Oh, and have I mentioned that this recipe has absolutely no refined sugar? The only sweeteners I’ve used are honey and maple syrup.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Yields: 18-20 cookies
- 450gr peanut butter (I used crunchy peanut butter)
- 8 tbsp honey
- 10 tbsp maple syrup
- 800gr rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 200gr fat, juicy raisins
- 100ml melted coconut oil
- 2 playful hands – or even one will do
- Turn on the oven to 180ºC and line a tray with parchment paper – the larger the tray, the better
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients very well – as I said, don’t be afraid to use your hands
- Once the mixture is nice and sticky, start shaping the cookies with your hands until you’ve got medium sized balls which you will then place on the tray and press with your fingers until they start looking like decent cookies
- Place the tray in the oven and let the cookies bake for about 30 minutes. Make sure you check them from time to time, just to make sure they don’t get burnt.
- Place the remaining mixture in the fridge.
- After your cookies are done, take the tray out of the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before placing them on a platter. Otherwise they might fall apart.
- Now use the remaining mixture to make the rest of your cookies and follow the same steps.
I’ve been invited to a friend’s place for lunch today so I’m definitely bringing some of these babies with me. The rest of them will do for a few filling snacks at work next week. Let me know if you’ve tried them and if you love these peanut butter cookies as much as I do.